• Easy to grow
• Waterwise pioneer, soil stabiliser
• Soil – well-drained sandy soil, alkaline, neutral, acid
• Light – full sun, semi-shade
• Water – responds poorly to overwatering or overfeeding
• Easy to propagate
• Cuttings – in summer, use tip cuttings 20-30 cm long, no rooting hormone required.
• Seeds – sowed from spring to autumn and must be planted in pure sand.
• Leaves typically harvested and used fresh.
• Fruits harvested when ripe, turn yellow. Fruits can be dried.
Diseases & Pests
• Plants in shaded areas, poorly drained areas or well-nourished soils will be attacked by fungal diseases.
Our range of indigenous, organically-grown plants are intended as part of an integrated approach to wellbeing. Information provided is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical condition, nor replace prescribed medication. If on medication, pregnant, lactating, or undergoing surgery please consult your healthcare professional before using plants as food or medicine.